Urban Soils is an introduction course to soil resources in urban environments. It covers the following topics:
- Basic properties of soils in urban environments;
- Soil-forming processes in urban environments;
- Classification of urban soils;
- Management of soils in urban environments;
- Plant and microbial life in urban soils;
- Soils as building material and structural support.
The course is designed for upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in soil science, forestry, geology, horticulture, landscape architecture and other fields.